TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Bognor Prom 10k Road Race is organised by the the Bognor Regis Tone Zone Runners in conjunction with the Bognor Hotham Rotary Club Trust Fund (Charity Number 1039210).
Conditions the terms and conditions of the Event, available at www.bognorprom10.org/termsandconditions;
Entry Fee the sum paid by a Participant upon entering the Event;
Event Bognor Prom 10K Road Race;
Participant, you an applicant who pays the Entry Fee;
We, us, our Bognor Prom 10k Race Race;
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the terms below and the Conditions, which include details of my cancellation rights. I also understand that I am entering in to a contract with the Event organiser and not England Athletics Limited or UK Athletics Limited.
agree that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
1. Consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
2. Acknowledge and agree that:
2.1 running is an endurance sport;
2.2 I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness;
2.3 I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event;
3. Understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event Organisers officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others; and
4. Agree that my participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
5. Agree that you may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
I hereby agree to the following general Terms and Conditions:
Race entries are non-refundable, non-deferrable and non-transferable.
7. Age restriction
Entrants must be at least 15 years old on race day.
8. Personal Health and Fitness
By entering the event you shall be deemed to acknowledge and understand that participation in the event is potentially hazardous, and you should not enter and participate unless you are medically able, properly trained and have the adequate equipment.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable to participate in this event. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to stop any participant from taking part if the individual is deemed unfit to participate, including mid-event removal where necessary.
9. Existing Medical Conditions
It is your responsibility to advise the event officials prior to the start of the event of any pre-existing medical condition, disability, relevant medications being taken and allergies that may be relevant in the administration of any medical assistance required or in your ability to take part in the event.
You are advised that you should not participate in the event if suffering any cold or flu-like systems or if you have any other existing illness or injury which might reasonably be expected to affect your performance and your ability to complete the event.
10. Race Numbers
Race numbers must NOT be swapped with anyone else. Doing so may cause problems of identification for the event medical services in the case of any accident or injury. Any attempt to do so will result in immediate disqualification of the individual(s) concerned and ejection from the event.
11. Cancellation of the Event and Limit of Liability
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances out of our reasonable control. In such cases we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as is possible. Where the event has to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control (including for the avoidance of doubt due to adverse weather, ground conditions or as a result of instructions from the emergency services) we shall not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by participants.
Where the event has to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances that were within our reasonable control or where you have any other claim against us in respect of the event, our entire liability (save in respect of personal injury or death) in respect of any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by you as a result will be limited to the entry price you have paid to take part in the event.
12. Image Use
I hereby grant full and irrevocable permission to use and any duly authorised third parties to use any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of this event that may include my image.